Vice President, Finance & Administration
Capilano University is a teaching-focused university offering a wide range of programs and services that enable students to succeed in their current studies, in their ongoing education, in their chosen careers, in their lifelong pursuit of knowledge and in their contribution as responsible citizens in a rapidly changing and diverse global community. Located in a natural environment on the slopes of the North Shore, with a campus located in Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast, Capilano University campuses are on the traditional and unceded territories of the Lil’wat, Musqueam, Sechelt (shíshálh), Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
The Vice President, Finance and Administration (VPFA) will be joining Capilano University at an exciting time of growth and development, and will play an integral role in guiding the institution to reach its 2030 vision. Reporting to the President and part of a high functioning and collaborative leadership council, the VPFA is also the corporate secretary to the Board of Governors and advisor to the Board on financial matters, capital projects, workforce planning and human resource matters, and information technology. As chief financial officer, the VPFA ensures the current and long-term effectiveness and sustainability of all financial functions of the university and its Foundation, providing pathways to realize the priorities of the institution. They will also oversee the implementation of the Campus Master Plan, an extensive plan which will have positive impacts on all of Capilano’s campuses.
As the ideal candidate, you are a collaborative and innovative leader and change-maker who looks beyond the numbers and sees opportunities to support teaching and learning. You will effectively align with the mission, vision and values of the university, and will thrive in a values-driven organization, working in partnership with a variety of constituent groups. In addition, you will bring:
- Senior financial leadership experience and a proven track record of effectively working with diverse groups toward a shared vision.
- A demonstrated ability to enable new ideas through the effective allocation of resources.
- Experience in large capital planning and project implementation.
- A track record of leading high performing professional teams.
- A CPA designation which is ideally augmented by an MBA or similar, and experience in both the public and private sectors will be a real asset.