City of Toronto
Chief Financial Officer
On behalf of our Panorama Partner, Phelps Group, we’d like to draw your attention to the exciting opportunity below.
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, it is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture.
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will be accountable for the effective use and management of the City’s financial resources within a complex, multistakeholder environment. Your role includes overseeing several divisions, coordinating City programs and services, ensuring compliance with fiscal and ethical standards, and providing strategic advice to various city entities. You will also lead the financial services areas, integrating strategic human resource planning with sound financial management, overseeing budget development, and implementing management practices to ensure efficient, economic service delivery.
As part of the senior executive team, the Chief Financial Officer offers vital leadership, overseeing fiscal management to implement Council’s strategies and priorities for the City. Under a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion the successful candidate will:
- offer strategic advice to city leaders,
- set financial and strategic goals aligning with Council priorities and integrate strategic human resource planning with financial management into service delivery planning.
- foster collaboration and innovation across the organization to achieve strategic objectives and financial improvements,
- identify and address organizational issues and lead city-wide initiatives to enhance efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- direct budget development and resource allocation in line with Council’s priorities, ensuring multi-year financial plans prioritize resources towards City services.
- oversee the implementation of sound management practices, internal/financial controls, and ensure the fair application of management policies and standards within the assigned services and divisions.
- develop and maintain working relationships with media, elected officials, agencies, boards commissions, other levels of government, and various stakeholders, within a unique City of Toronto ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will bring a CPA designation and/or a master’s degree in finance or an MBA or comparable education and lived experience, as well as a track record of successful senior-level management of financial and human resources. They will have significant financial and political acumen and complex transformation experience involving operations and technology change, as well as the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders.
To apply to this strategic leadership role, submit your application to Phelps by clicking here.
Oops! We could not locate your form.