Nanaimo Prosperity Corporation
Chief Executive Officer
The Nanaimo Prosperity Corporation (NPC) is a newly formed economic development corporation with a mandate to help ensure a thriving and resilient economy at the forefront of innovation in economic and community development. The NPC shareholders include the City of Nanaimo, Snuneymuxw First Nation, Nanaimo Port Authority, Nanaimo Airport, Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce and Vancouver Island University. These entities have come together with business, government, First Nation and community to build Nanaimo’s economy and increase the level of shared prosperity by those who live in Nanaimo. The NPC’s newly formed 9-member Board of Directors is now seeking a Chief Executive Officer. The nine-member board includes representation from the six shareholders and three members at large.
The CEO leads the Nanaimo Prosperity Corporation and is responsible for leading this new entity as the city’s key point of contact for economic development. Reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the shareholders and community partners, the CEO is charged with advocating for and implementing the strategy while ensuring activities of the corporation are driving measurable, sustainable, impactful results. The CEO will foster collaboration with regional stakeholders; build productive relationships with industry leaders’ core to Nanaimo economic prosperity; develop programs to support new business development; utilize research and data to attract investment; and promote Nanaimo by effectively marketing Nanaimo as a vibrant location to work and live. As the ideal candidate, you bring:
- Executive experience with a focus on economic development.
- A proven track record of collaborating with diverse partners and constituents to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial start-up environment, and the ability to quickly and effectively make impact.
- Experience working with Indigenous partners and communities and a commitment to reconciliation.
- Deep knowledge of working with government entities and ability to influence policies and programs and attract funding.
- An innovative attitude with a track record of piloting new approaches.