Nanaimo Prosperity Corporation
The Nanaimo Prosperity Corporation (NPC) is a newly formed economic development corporation with a vision to make Nanaimo THE city of choice: a vibrant, globally connected gathering place at the forefront of innovation in economic and community development. The NPC is co-owned by the City of Nanaimo, Snuneymuxw First Nation, Nanaimo Port Authority, Nanaimo Airport, the Chamber of Commerce and Vancouver Island University. These entities are coming together with business, government, First Nation and community to build Nanaimo’s economy and increase the level of shared prosperity by those who live there. The NPC’s newly formed 9-member Board of Directors is now seeking its inaugural Executive Director.
The Executive Director leads the Nanaimo Prosperity Corporation and is responsible for establishing and building this new entity as the city’s key point of contact for economic development needs. Reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the owners and community partners, the Executive Director will be charged with advocating for and implementing the Strategy and ensuring activities of the Corporation are driving measurable, sustainable and impactful results. The Executive Director will foster collaboration with regional stakeholders and utilize research and data to advocate for and attract investment in the region through identifying and targeting strategic partners and marketing the value proposition for investment in the city.
As the ideal candidate, you bring:
- Executive experience with a focus on economic development.
- A proven track record of collaborating with a variety of diverse partners and constituents to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial start-up environment, and the ability to quickly and effectively make impact.
- Experience working with Indigenous partners and communities and a commitment to reconciliation.
- Deep knowledge of working with government entities and an ability to influence policies and programs.
- An innovative attitude with a track record of piloting new approaches.