West Island College
Head of School
Our Panorama partner, Kenniff Leadership., based out of Montreal, QC, is recruiting the Head of School for West Island College.
West Island College (WIC)
Founded in 1974 and conveniently located in suburban Montreal, West Island College (WIC) is two schools under the same roof: a French school, offering an entirely French curriculum and an English school, offering a French immersion program. Both schools deliver an enriched curriculum and mother-tongue language courses and seamlessly coexist to offer the ultimate bilingual experience for students of all backgrounds. For over 45 years, we have been redefining the educational experience through innovative teaching methods delivered in a technology infused environment.
At WIC, we are committed to the pursuit of excellence, fostering a passion for knowledge and instilling fundamental values that empower our students to succeed in the ever-challenging environment of today and tomorrow. WIC is renowned for its strong academic program, supportive and nurturing environment, vibrant community and extensive experiential learning and extra-curricular opportunities.
Students at WIC follow the Quebec Ministry of Education Curriculum. We believe in a holistic approach to education and our mission is to promote a healthy, engaging, bilingual learning community in which each student is empowered to discover and pursue their unique potential. One hundred percent of our students go on to pursue post-secondary studies with a 96% acceptance rate to the institution and program of their first choice.
For further information on WIC, you are invited to visit https://wicmtl.ca/
The Board of Directors of WIC is currently seeking to fill the position of
Head of School
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors of WIC, the Head of School will be responsible for all deliverables that are expected of such a position within any comparable institution, inclusive of the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Finance and Operations in advancing the school’s mission and strategic initiatives;
- Represent and promote WIC to stakeholders and all segments of the external community;
- Implement and deliver the strategies outlined in WIC’s Strategic Plan, as well as participate actively in the monitoring, review and revision of the current and future strategic plans;
- Manage and supervise all matters and persons related to the development and delivery of WIC’s pedagogy;
- Provide creative, inspiring and insightful leadership, delegating appropriately to the senior management team;
- Attract, retain, inspire, mentor and evaluate the faculty and staff to ensure a highly engaged and qualified team;
- Demonstrate a high degree of leadership in, and commitment to expanding the culture of giving and fundraising through the WIC Foundation;
- Maintain and enhance the current positive school climate and sense of community, notably by interacting with, and responding to parents and students.
Opportunities and Challenges
It is a very exciting time to join the WIC team! Over the years, the school has built a solid reputation for excellence in education. Its student population is diverse and thriving, with candidates coming from elementary schools throughout the West Island, off-island, Laval and St. Laurent communities. The school is in a very strong position, both academically and financially. Three years ago, WIC launched the Inspire campaign, a comprehensive campus plan which includes the transformation of existing spaces and the construction of new facilities. With several renovation projects already completed, WIC recently acquired 117,000 sq. ft. of land adjacent to the school for the next phase of the campaign. Finally, WIC is currently in the process of finalizing its next 3-year Strategic Plan, which is expected to be adopted in the spring of 2020. This Plan centres around 5 pillars: The Student Experience, Teaching & Learning, Community Building, Financial Sustainability, and Leadership & Governance.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Excellent oral and written skills in both French and English are required;
- A Masters degree in educational leadership and administration or the equivalent;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as school administrator;
- A strong academic background with knowledge of current pedagogical trends and research;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and implementing change;
- Strong leadership, coaching and team building skills;
- A strategic, creative and progressive thinker with a long-term vision;
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to establish goals, objectives, and action plans;
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic well-being and wellness of students;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, students, parents, and the community;
- Proven capacity for fundraising and the cultivation of a culture of giving;
- The skills to promote the WIC brand internally and externally to increase retention and maintain the desired enrolment mix;
If you believe you have the profile we are seeking, please forward your résumé with a letter explaining your interest by completing the “Registration Form”. All information received will be treated in the strictest confidence.
WIC is an equal opportunity employer.